This guide will help you to configure your yahoo mail in outlook (2007, 2013, 2016). Emails sent to your yahoo account can be read using MS Outlook. But your yahoo account will require a paid subscription with mail forwarding support and POP3 access to avail this service. Your yahoo account will be needed to configured a bit to set it up for Outlook. The settings applied will have to be tested to check if there is any information missing or incorrect. So this post will guide you to configure your yahoo mail in outlook (2007, 2013, 2016).
1. Open MS Outlook on your system.
2. Click ‘Next’ on the get started page. It will ask you ‘Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?’. Select ‘Yes’ and click ‘Next’.
3. Fill in your details and click on ‘Next’.
4. The outlook will take several minutes to configure your account.
5. Tick the check box ‘Change account settings’ given below. Click on ‘Next’.
6. From the ‘Choose service’ dialogue box, select ‘POP or IMAP’. Click ‘Next’.
7. On the next page, click on ‘More settings’ given on the lower right corner of the page.
8. Open the ‘Outgoing server’ tab from the top panel.
9. Tick the check box, ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’. Select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
10. Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab from the top panel. Tick the check box against ‘This server requires encrypted connection (SSL)’.
11. Select ‘TLS’ from the drop down menu given against ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’.
12. Untick the check box given against ‘Remove from server after x days’.
13. Save the settings. Click on ‘Next’. Your outlook will test your settings. Click on ‘Finish’ when the test is done.
14. Your Yahoo will be configured.